JUNIOR ELECTRICAL ENGINEER
posted on 9/2/2008
JUNIOR ELECTRICAL ENGINEER
Perform design of electrical lighting, power distribution and related systems for commercial and industrial projects; assist estimators and project managers with design; perform electrical engineering calculations; assist field personnel with troubleshooting issues; interface with customers and other construction disciplines; and manage small electrical construction projects.
Duties and Responsibilities
- Perform electrical design, and prepare drawings suitable for permit, construction and competitive bidding.
- Assist estimators and project managers with their electrical designs, and code questions.
- Perform electrical engineering calculations and studies.
- Provide guidance to field personnel, and assist with equipment start up, troubleshooting, and code interpretation.
- Conduct field surveys to observe existing conditions and gather information.
- Meet with customers to clarify scope of work and consult on problems.
- Coordinate with other construction disciplines.
- Coordinate with electric utility companies.
- Select equipment and material, and obtain pricing from suppliers with the assistance of the Purchasing Officer.
- Prepare Division 1 and Division 16 technical specifications.
- Provide direction to CAD Operator, and assist with CAD work when necessary.
- Assist with the preparation of engineering fees, construction bids and proposals.
- Manage and coordinate project schedules, budgets and field issues for electrical only and multi-discipline projects.
- Professionally represent I. B. Abel, Inc.
Report to the Senior Electrical Engineer.
Education: BS in Electrical Engineering
Experience: Minimum of 2 years in the practice of electrical engineering, in a consulting engineering or construction firm
Licensure: F.E. preferred. Pursuit of F.E. and eventual P.E. registration by examination for reciprocity in other states will be required.
Knowledge and Abilities
- Good oral and written English language expression.
- Communication, leadership and relationship skills.
- Analytical problem solving and advanced math skills.
- Ability to handle multiple tasks and work under occasional pressure.
- Creative, and enjoys working without clearly defined parameters.
- Proficient in the use of Microsoft Word and Excel.
- Working knowledge of AutoCAD and Microsoft Project.
- Familiarity with the National Electrical Code, National Electrical Safety Code, ASHRAE 90.1, the ICC International Building Code series, NFPA 70E, and the ADA.
- Office environment with frequent local trips to job sites and meetings. Valid Pennsylvania driver’s license required.
- Job site visits can involve negotiating uneven construction site terrain, climbing stairs and ladders, and working at heights.
- Work requires regular travel out of York County and occasional travel out of Pennsylvania.
- Evening and weekend work may be required.
- Business casual attire, except appropriate dress for meetings with customers or work on job sites.
- General duties may require lifting objects up to 25 lbs.
Please send all Resumes to Chris Linebaugh at mlinebaugh@IB-Abel.com.